Thursday, February 22, 2018

Galatians 5:13

For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. KJV
There is something’s that don’t single me that stumble others, and there is something’s that stumbled me that don’t stumble others. For example, horror movies they scare the living crap out of me and I do things often time that is considered embarrassing (I call it a loud proclamation of distress aka screaming) but it makes me take my eyes off of God and focus on myself. So horror movies is something I know I can’t handle but, I know there is people who can handle it and don t get stumbled by it. But Paul is saying don’t use these kind of freedoms to serve your flesh because that’s not what it’s meant too do. So in this example a way to serve is not watch horror movies in front of me. But, I know am ok listening to secular music and not think any differently but, there is people in my life who can’t listen too it. So, a way I can serve is not listen or sing secular music in front of those people . Because the goal is not to have the freedom but to have a way to serve other people and to give glory to God in those freedoms and to never loose focus on God.

Application:
Today I will pray and ask God to show me what stumbles me and also what freedoms I have and how I can serve him in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment