Thursday, February 15, 2018

Psalms 111:10

The fear of the lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belong eternal praise. (niv)

Interpretation:
Fear the lord. For the longest time I never knew what this meant, cause when I was a kid I was afraid of everything and if I was afraid of something I would run away or hide and do everything in my power to make sure I don’t have to confront the thing I was afraid of so, when I heard fear the lord I thought that meant run away and make sure you don’t confront it, but I thought that was weird cause we were suppose to go to God and he was going to welcome me with open in arms so, how are we supposed to fear him and run to him? That doesn’t make sense in my mind, but it wasn’t tell my old youth pastor explained that it made sense. Its kind of like fire, if you mess around with fire it will eventually cause major damage, but if you go by the proper guidelines it will keep you warm and comfort you. God is the same way just much bigger, infinitely bigger. God was there since the beginning he it beyond space and time. He made everything he knows everything and he is completely, 100% sovereign. He is perfect wrath and perfect love, he knows everything about you, he knows my deepest secret, He knows how to break me, he knows what I need, he knows just how wicked and evil I am. He knows everything about me. He is the self-existing one, he is all powerful, all knowing, no matter what words I use to describe him, I could never truly describe him and how awesome he is. That’s why I don’t wont to tick off a holy and living God, but I want to go by his commandments cause he knows everything and he knows how to live life correct and glorifying to Him. And that is why he deserves all praise is because he deserves all praise.
Application:
That’s why today I want to follow Jesus commandment by loving people how he loved me, if that’s means serving or listening to people or just being a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment