Monday, February 19, 2018

Luke 8:11-15

So at this time Jesus is explaining the parable of the sower, and he starts to talk about each one and explaining what each one means and the two I relate with the most is the stoney and thorny  soil. The stoney soil is the people who receive God’s word and receive it with Joy and then when trials happen they lose faith cause there are no roots. And the thorny ground is when the person receive it with Joy and then the cares of the world destroy the fruit that it starts to grow. And I remember going to California every summer and we made it tradition to go to Calvary Costa mesa and I remember listening to pastor Chuck Smith speak and being moved by it and then I would go back to my grandma house and start thinking what I can do with my day and how I can go out and have fun and completely forgetting what I learned and never applying it and I knew God was calling me to go deeper. And recently I was like the stoney side where I would go to church and receive God’s word willingly and want to apply it but when my old church strayed from God, I lost faith and started to curse God. But the weird thing is In the beginning I had complete faith in God and I knew that God was going to get us through this time and I knew God was going to be glorified. But I ignored the last part of verse 15; “and bear fruit with patience.” And patience is key cause when I was dealing with the crap that was going on and didn’t have patience in what I believed, the situation just got worse and worse and like acid it ate away at my faith till it was all gone. So, when it came directly at me I lost faith in God cause the roots I had didn’t go deep enough and it showed me how shallow I am. So, if I want to be on the Good soil God is going to have to get a sledge hammer and smash my stoney heart and I have to be patient and trust in the work He is doing, I have to pesevere. I have to trust that God is going to do it and be faithful to God until He does what He said He would do and keep be faithful.

Application:
• Today I will pray for patience and look for opportune times to show patience. Or just not complain when God is telling me to be patient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment