Thursday, February 1, 2018

Matthew 8:9-10

For I too am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. And I say to one ‘Go’ and he goes, and to another, ‘Come’ and he comes, and to my servant, ‘Do this’ and he does it” when Jesus heard this, he marveled and said to those who followed him, “truly, I tell you, with no one in Israel have I found such faith. (esv)

I think what can be taken away from this passage is that the centurion even in his rank knew who Jesus was or he knew that there was something different about Jesus and decided to put his faith in that. But either way the centurion could have easily commanded Jesus to do it and if he didn’t Jesus would be thrown in prison if he didn’t. So, the fact that the centurion went up to Jesus humbly and asked Jesus to command him is amazing it show that the centurion knew that there was something different about Jesus or he knew that Jesus was God. And I think that the centurion lived out the Hebrews 11:1 and 11:6 and I think it’s a good practical example of what true faith looks like and it’s a perfect lead to follow.

            Application:

So, when I think of a soldier I think of someone who puts himself under his general cause his general typically see’s the bigger picture and because of that he does as that general asks. And a Good soldier will dedicate his body, soul, mind and strength into his duty so he could serve his general in his full capacity. So that’s why today I have decided to daily surrender and ask God for his help because I know I can’t do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment