Monday, February 12, 2018

2 Corinthians 1:12


For our boasting is this: the testimony of our conscience that we conducted ourselves in the world in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom but by the grace of God, and more abundantly toward you (NKJV)

Paul is describing how he acted in the world and he said he did it in two ways: simplicity and Godly sincerity. The first being simplicity, meaning Paul didn’t have this big elaborate plan to reach the world or the Corinthians, it was simply the gospel nothing more, nothing less. And I know sometimes I come up with this bilge elaborate plan to reach people and I start planning all these way that I can do it, when really it’s the Gospel and my testimony on how God saved me through his gospel. The second word is sincerity, but not just sincerity but, Godly sincerity. People have to know that you care about them and desire to see the best for them but, more importantly the have to know the God thinks 1000 times more than I do. I can share my testimony with someone or even share the gospel with someone and there is no sincerity behind it then I’m just speaking words. God can ultimately use that but, how much more if we have a loving heart behind it. I need remember one time that I went to go share the Gospel with someone because it was part of an evangelism class I was taking. And I went to this older man and I went to go speak to him and all of sudden these fire truck go by with their sirens going off and I lost the words to speak. I just stood their staring at these people and with my mouth open with no words coming out, looking like a complete idiot. But the man said something that I will never forget, he said “if this is real to you then you have to say it with conviction, you have to speak to the person like this is real, like it changed your life.” And ever since then I was afraid so go evangelizing cause it wasn’t real in my own life until recently. So I think to speak in Godly sincerity then we first have to experience God and his grace and see the simplicity in it. Because I would be just another hypocritical Christian who speaks change but isn’t changed himself.

 Application:
So, that’s why everyday I read the bible I will ask God to make his word real in my own life, and today I will pray for him to give him the Sincerity and simplicity that Paul is talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment