Thursday, February 1, 2018

James 1:5

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given. (ESV)
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives liberally and without reproach and it will be given to him. (NKJV)

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. (NIV)

I think it’s important to establish context for the verse, in the previous verses it talks about counting it joy when you fall in various trials knowing that God is testing your faith. And when James is talking about having joy during the trial because it shows that God cares about us but, right in the middle of that he starts talking about wisdom. And James says if any of you lacks wisdom ask God, and he will give it to you freely without reproach. Not knowing what the word reproach meant I looked it up in the dictionary and it meant to blame and to make the person feel ashamed of themselves. So, when James said that God will give it freely without reproach that means that God won’t blame you or make you feel ashamed of myself. So, if you put that in the context of trials it means when you go through a trial and you cry out to God and say I need your wisdom to get through this he won’t say “what’s the matter with you!?! Just muscle your way through then I’ll help you.” Instead He knows you can’t do it on your own and offers His wisdom to get you through. And it says he will give it to you generously, which means God doesn’t make you go through a bunch of hoops to get His wisdom, God doesn’t say “Ok if you want wisdom, you must do this and this and this, then I’ll give you wisdom.” No!!!!!!! He gives it generously because He knows I am feeble and that I desperately need him, and he want me to get to him so, he will give it to me freely. All I must do is ask in faith and he will give it to me.
Application:
So that’s why when I enter a hard time I’m going to ask God for wisdom and ask for it in faith but, I know there is wisdom in preparing for the battle so, that’s why everyday for the next two weeks I will get up an hour early and pray for wisdom and apply Jordan message on praying and watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment