Monday, February 19, 2018

Colossians 1:11

being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, (NIV)
I see this verse has two parts, the growing process and the reward. In football conditioning I had a friend named rhino, when we had early morning conditioning I was talking to him and I was complaining about getting up early and working out and the entire time he is just listening, after I was done complaining he says this “I hate the process but, I love the results.” At first I didn’t think much of it but, looking back on it it is something I can apply to my walk with God. But later on that morning we were doing squats and I decided to put two 45 weights on the 45 pound bar and I try to do the squats, and as I go down I realize really quick that I wasn’t going to be able to do this. So, instead of going to my knees and let the guards catch it I tried to go up and finish the squat. But, one of my teammates saw that I wasn’t able to do it and he catches me and helps me up and put the bar back on the hooks. If it wasn’t for that person I would of hurt myself and I wouldn’t  of got the results I needed. And I think that’s what this verse is getting at, life is like the weight where there is going to be things in this life where we can’t get through and we know it, God is like my teammate where he says “If you use my strength than we will get through this but, if you don’t use my strength you are going to crash to the ground and hurt yourself. Which do you chose?” if you call on God’s strength then you will be able to stand and afterward you will get the strength that you needed. Not the strength you need to do the 45s but the strength of patience knowing that “he who started a good work will finish it until the day of Christ Jesus .”

Application:
I know I need patience because I'm lacking patience severely so, that’s why I will pray for patience everyday that God will give me patience and He will give me opprotunity to grow my patience and when they happen call on God for strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment