Thursday, February 1, 2018

James 3:13-17


Who is wise and understanding among you? By his conduct let him show, let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth. This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.

What I think James is trying to do here is show two different types of wisdom, one wisdom will Glorify yourself and one will Glorify God. Because James still cause it wisdom He calls it demonic but still wisdom, and I think its dangerous cause I know I confuse the two and think just because I made it out the other side “ok” then I most of done something eight and don’t consider the people I hurt along they way. For instances when I didn’t want to be around my family because it seem like every time I was home we hot into a huge argument, and it always ended badly. So, I decided that I would just leave and not be in the house for as long as possible. So everyday for two month I went to friends houses so I didn’t have to be around them. Demonic wisdom say that was ok cause I should look after myself and make sure that I don’t get hurt. But what I didn’t know is when I would leave I my mom and dad would ask themselves why I would always leave and get really depressed and angry about it. And what I didn’t know is that they wanted make up the time that the enemy took away. Godly wisdom told me I should stay and continue my walk with Christ, but instead went and was completely stupid for period time and paid for it.
Application:

In James it says if you ask for wisdom and believe it will happen, God will give you wisdom. So that is why everyday I will ask for wisdom and to get chance to use it.  But also I think there is wisdom in sitting under people and learning from the experiences so, that’s why I’ll sit under the leadership and learn from what they have to say and actually listen and act on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment