Thursday, February 15, 2018

Ephesians 6:1 & Colossians 3:20


Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. NIV
Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. NIV
“Children obey your parents in everything, for this is right.” And “it pleases the lord.” Notice it says everything, not in something’s or the good things but, everything. How am I suppose to obey my parents in all things when there were times were my parents weren’t there for me? I did forgive them but, how am I suppose to obey them during those times? Then again I can’t be under them right now and I can’t go back during these time with the different eyes but, I can reflect on it. It also doesn’t obey their words but it just says “obey.” I think this can be in action, attitude, and words. I think that parents are always telling you something in Good times or bad, in the bad they could be telling you this how you act, or this is what to do. Or In the good it could be don t forget this or prepare for this. I know for me that my parents showed what a Godly attitude, words, and action were both in the Good times and bad. I remember taking my dad’s co-op class “knowing why you believe” and during class he said something along the lines that if someone in his family died he would be ok because God is still in control and he challenged if they would be ok if there family member died or something tragic like that actually happened. Well God tested my dad in his words, and during that time both my dad and mom held true. They were not perfect and they did mourn but, they still trusted God and God got them through. But I could obey there attitude which said this sucks but, God is God and hold fast to him, I could obey his action when they did the things they knew God was telling him to do and telling me, it hard but, obey God even in these times. And in words where he told me these things because this is not going to the only time where something tragic like this is going to happen. But even though I can’t go back to my parents in person right now I can reflect on the times I do remember they told me instructions in these three ways that way I can do the last part of Colossians 3:20 which is “please the Lord”. It’s hard to obey God who is my heavenly father when I can obey my earthly father and mom who was appointed by God.

Application:
That’s why today I will write down some of the instruction that my parents gave me both in the good times as well as the bad and I will meditate on each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment