Friday, June 22, 2018

Hebrews 4:16

Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. NIV

This is one of the hardest verses for me, the lord is so merciful and so gracious that even when we sin or when we are struggling he tells us to come boldy to him and he won’t turn me away but, give me mercy and grace. But, when that happens my pride gets in the way saying things like “I don’t need that” or “I can do this myself”. The enemy tries so hard to get me from applying this verse to my life and He does everything he can from coming to my loving dad who wants me to be near and close to him. It hard thing to learn but, this lesson is what the lord is really trying to show me. I think in order to do this I have to accept that I cannot pardon my sins on my own, there was generation after generation who tried to do it on their own and tried to live by the law and ultimately failed and couldn’t do it. Jesus had to come down to earth and live the perfect life and rise on the third day for me so I could become free. But after acknowledging that I can’t dit on my own I have to die to self and run to Jesus. Jesus knows that I can’t d it on my own, He is not shocked when I figure that out, he is not looking at me with disappointment but, with compassion. He looks at me and opens his arms and ask me to run to him. This blows my mind, but it is a beautiful truth that lord gave me to view him as a loving dad who cares about my dearly. It fills me with awe just thinking about it.

Application:
Today I will memorize this verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment