Friday, June 8, 2018

Matthew 6:33

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. ESV
This verse in context is talking about food and clothing and God providing needs for everyday life. In this Jesus is telling us not to be worries about such things because God loves us and will take care of us. But, I know for me I used this verse as a means to an end. I use this verse to get what I want instead of seeking Jesus. In the book we would see Jesus by Roy and Revel Hession it talks about how Jesus is the end. How everything will end up with Jesus and nothing else. And a story that the use is the story of the 10 leapers. He heals all of them and nine of them went on their way but, one stayed and bowed at Jesus's feet. For the 9, Jesus was a means to health, but to the 1 it was a means to Jesus. I have been Guilty of using Jesus as a means to an end. I used Jesus to find purpose in life instead of going to Jesus. I know I wanted to have a ministry that is used for Jesus and to be able to do radical things for Jesus instead of just having Jesus. Jesus is not interested in what I can give him but he is interested in me and having a relationship with me. The lord will provide everything I need in life, He said he would and Jesus can’t lie.

Application:
Today I will ask for forgiveness for making Jesus a means to an end and thank him for who he is and say thank you to the people that God has put in my life in order to bring me closer to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment