Friday, June 15, 2018

Psalms 51:16-17

For you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it; you will not be pleased with a burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise. ESV
For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it; You do not delight in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart— These, O God, You will not despise. NKJV
How can you give someone who has everything , something? The answer is you can’t. The lord is maker of the heavens and the earth in psalms 8:3 says “When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained,” the lord made everything, I can’t give him something he doesn’t already have. Is psalms 50:12 says ““If I were hungry, I would not tell you; For the world is Mine, and all its fullness.” The world is his, he is not Interested in what I can give him or the sacrifices I make, He wants me. He wants my life and my heart. In Matthew 21:44 “And whoever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder.” The lord wants my broken heart so much he ask for me to fall on it but, off I don’t he will fall on me instead because He wants me to be near and transform in his image. I struggle with not being able to give to the lord as much as I want too, so in return I start to become works oriented and I forget about Jesus did for me on the cross and I forget who I’m doing it for. Then the lord reminds me that he just wants my heart, He just wanted me to become broken at his feet so I can become more like Him. He wants a relationship with me and not what I can or cannot give him. 

Application:
For the rest of June I will get up a half-hour earlier so I can sit at the feet of Jesus and just thank him for who Is.

No comments:

Post a Comment