Friday, June 1, 2018

Exodus14:14

The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.” NKJV

This verse is both encouraging and difficult for me. It’s encouraging in the fact that I know the lord will remain faithful even when I am faithless but, it hard because that means I have to stop striving on my own. Ephesians 6:10 tells us to be strong in the lord and Jesus over and over again tells us to rely on trust in him. But it’s hard to let go in hard situation and let him fight or let him take control. I never liked letting someone else fighting my battles cause I always thought I could do it myself. But, the Lord has called me to be weak and let him take the wheel. For in my weakness I am strong but, first I have to let go and let God fight for me cause ultimately if I tried to fight the battle without the lords help I will ultimately lose or win in vain. I want to glorify the Lord in every situation but I have to let go and stop striving every time I fail which is a lot if I was to be honest. The lord is not calling me to fight on my own, He is calling me to rest in him and let my father fight for me so, I may get the victory.

Application:
Today I will memorize this verse so that I might use it when I am tempted to fight.



No comments:

Post a Comment