Sunday, April 29, 2018

mark 4:10


When he was alone, the twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. He told them, the secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables (NIV)

After Jesus teaches the crowd the parable of sower, there were few who when up to Jesus and asked him what it meant. And I think that is a huge part of being a student is asking question, part of being a student to means that you are admitting that you don’t know something or not enough and you want to know more. So, knowing that you don’t know, something that is key is just to ask a question. The twelve disciples who walked with Jesus day in and day out didn’t know what the parable of the sower meant, and it wasn’t just the twelve who asked there were people around them who asked too. In return Jesus said this “the secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you...”  because they asked they get to know the secrets of the kingdom of God, later on Jesus did tell the people who asked, the meaning of the parable, and they left all the wiser and knowing more about Jesus which is the entire point. What point is there to Christianity if we don’t know Jesus? If we don’t know Christ? There is none whatsoever, and I know that I am lacking in knowledge and God is infinite in wisdom and infinite in knowledge and desire a relationship with me, so why not get the most out of it and strive to know God?

Application:
But I know that I struggle with asking questions and its diffidently something I can grow in and want to grow in.
That’s is why I will write down any question I have that way I can ask someone and grow in my faith and Know God more.


1 comment:

  1. I learned something, "Other's" read this several times never even saw the word Other's. Thanks Andrew

    ReplyDelete