Sunday, April 29, 2018

James 1:19


So then, my beloved brethren let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God. NKJV

I think these verse is really taking about how to handle a situation correctly, you are first to be quick to listen. This is the area I think is hard especially when you are angry. I know for me that I must remember this verse doesn’t say “be quick to listen if you are not angry” no but it says to listen first, and if you are listening the next part should come naturally. “Quick to listen, slow to speak,” for me this hard, because I will listen, but I will get angry and in result I wont listen. It’s easy for me to listen just so I can have built up a case for my anger that way I may justify it. But, I have worldly and sinful anger. In these verses he talks about the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God. In my experience and how I have reacted my anger is always selfish and does not think about any but myself. I want to be more like God and I desire to be righteous like him and that only comes if I forsake my anger and follow these verses. The goal is to be Christ like and not Man-like, so its to take on righteous anger which is given by God and is moved by God and not man.

Application:
I don’t know what that looks like but, I know that I have to pray about it daily, so to remember that I will write righteous anger on my hand to remind myself to pray for righteous anger and become more like him daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment