Sunday, April 29, 2018

luke 2:46


And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, asking them questions. KJV

Here I see Jesus doing two main things, listening and asking, you see Jesus in the temple for three days straight amount the teachers, Jesus first sat and listened to them teach. I think that is extremely important if we want to be good students is to sit and listen. It’s hard to do the second part correctly if we don’t humble ourselves and listen to the teachers. Jesus was fully God and Fully man, everything that they were teaching Jesus being fully God probably gave them that knowledge. But Jesus humbled himself and sat under them how much more should we humble ourselves? I know for me that I don’t know as much as I like to think I do. It’s hard to have the heart of learning if you think you are smarter than the person teaching. But the second thing he did was ask question. He sat and listened to the teachings then after he asked questions. I know for me there is a lot of things in the bible that I don’t understand and quite frankly get me confused, so for me I know that I must ask questions that way God may untie the knots of confusion. But, I think this verse really show the heart of a student, someone who is willing to sit at the feat of a teacher and listen to what they have today and then afterwards not afraid to ask questions that way he may grow in his understanding.

Application:
I know for me I need to grow and ask God for this heart, so today I will listen to a study before I got to bed and listen to it and write down any question I might I have that way afterwards I can Go up to someone and ask my question that way I can Grow in my understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment