Sunday, May 6, 2018

mark 12:30


And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’  This is the first commandment. NKJV
What is the purpose to this life? It’s a question that ask and wrestle with a lot, I don’t like not having meaning and I know there is meaning to this life. And I think its something that a lot of people don’t understand. The world might say to get as much pleasure and success before we die, and the Christian might say to do the work which God has for you. In the book “We would see Jesus” by Roy and Revel Hession it says on pg 9-10 “the biblical wander to the question, “what is the purpose of life” is to know, and to love, and yo walk with God; that is, to see God.” So, what if it’s just as simple as just seeing God and to know him.  For me I got so Caught up in doing work for God when I forget that God is more interested in me then the work I do for him. The work blesses me, the work God gives me is not my purpose but a blessing that comes with fulfilling my purpose in Christ. In page 9 of this we would see Jesus it says “My goal is God himself, not joy, nor peace, nor even blessing, but himself, my God.” Its all about God. Notice Jesus in this passage didn’t say to “love the works of God” or “love the blessing of God.” No it says “Love the lord your God”. How do we see God? Jesus said if you have seen Him then you have seen the father. We God through his son Jesus, we turn to Jesus and we see the Father. Its all about God.
Application:
Today I will write “to know God” on my hand to remind myself of purpose in this life.



No comments:

Post a Comment