Sunday, April 29, 2018

exodus 2:23-25


During those many days the king of Egypt died, and the people of Israel groaned because of their slavery and cried out for help. Their cry for rescue from slavery came up to God. And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob. God saw the people of Israel—and God knew. Exodus 2:23-25

To give context on what is happening, joseph has died as well as the pharaoh who put joseph in second in command and a new pharaoh has been put in power. Israel was growing and started to thrive, this new pharaoh got scared and made them slaves and commanded if a woman was to have a boy then, that boy must be killed. Israel had no place to go and where completely helpless to do anything. The got in such a place that the only thing can do is cry out to God, and God didn’t forget about his people. Verse 25 It says that “God saw the people of Israel–and He knew” God knew, he knew the pain, the struggle, the hardship of the Israelites. Later in the book Moses will come unto the scene and God will use him to deliver his people from the Egyptians. I know for me I’m not under some dictatorship or some terrible place, in fact it’s the complete opposite, I’m in a Godly environment with Godly men and women who love the lord. But, just to know that God knows where I am no matter how hard times get or how good times get, God always knows and he see’s it and not only that, but he cares. For me that is extremely comforting knowing that God is with me and he hears my cry. So, for me it’s a promise that I can hold on too and never forget.

Application:
To not for get this, I will memorize this passage and thank God for hearing me cry and knowing where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment