Thursday, March 29, 2018

1 john 1

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.  If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
KJV
How can we say have a relationship with God and live worldly lives? It doesn't make sense, In this verse that There is no darkness in God , it also says that one can’t serve two master, he will love one and hate the other. But, how can we tell of we are walking in darkness and have no fellowship with God? I think it boils down to who you are spending the most time with, are you spending time with the world and fellowshipping with them or are you fellowshipping with God’s church? I know for me I wanted spend time with the world and my world friends because I felt like they were more real that the people at my church and in God’s church. And it led to a lot of resentment toward God and his church. But, coming here it was completely different, the people here challenged me and encouraged me and pointed me toward Jesus instead of trying to make me feel good. And that’s what happens when we walk in the light, we get fellowship with Godly men and women that truly is edifying, something that you will see Jesus in it. And the last part says that “and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.” And that alone is worth it. To purified of the sin that a committed through the blood of Jesus is all that matters and all I have to do is hang out with God’s church and to grow together and Chase after Jesus together. That is worth it.

Application:
Today I will thank God for the fellowship and pray for opportunity to grow together.

No comments:

Post a Comment