Thursday, March 29, 2018

1 corithians 12

For the body is not one member, but many.  If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? KJV
The human body is made up multiple parts and each part has it’s purpose. And the church is called the body of Christ so the same thing applies, there is multiple parts each with its purpose. Some are the hands, some the feet, some the eyes etc. It would be weird if the hands hit the feat out of the way and try to walk, or if the eyes popped out and try to do the job of the hands. How quick that body would wither and die in the disunity.  I know for me I was the person who would look at other parts and start wishing I had their calling or was more like them, Paul here is saying that kind of thinking is wrong, because God made each person a certain way so that He made be Glorified. But, if I’m a hand why should I try to do any other job besides the job of the hand? The hand trust that the foot is doing his job and doesn’t try to step in for the hand and vice versa. To look at more practically my teammates have things they can do that I cannot, I’m called not to get jealous but submit to them and follow there example instead of getting mad and wishing that I could do that too.

Application:
Today I will write the strength of my teammates and thank God for each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment