Thursday, March 29, 2018

1 corithians 9:24

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. NIV
In this verse it talks about how an athlete goes into strict training that way he may compete and earn the prize at the end. They will change their diets, change sleeping hours, they will change their lifestyles in order to win the prize at the end. But, what do the earn? Nothing more than a prize that will fade, and “moth and rust will destroy”. Paul compares it to the Christian walk and he switches walk to race. I'm running a race to gain a heavenly reward, not to gain heaven for heaven is already earned through Jesus. Every runner crosses the line but not every runner gets a medal. But we run for heavenly treasures That will last forever and will never perish. That’s why we train, we train in the word and prayer, and when the trials come we already trained in the word and prayer before and now we are prepared. I think it was asa who build up his army during peace time in preparation for war and because of it was successful. I soldier doesn’t learn how to fire his gun during a battle but, has already made himself familiar with the rifle before and he gets his body in shape before that way he may fight with endurance. It important to train before the battle so that way we are prepared before the battle.

Application:
I will work out every morning for the rest of the week before devotion to remember to train in Gods word

No comments:

Post a Comment