Friday, September 28, 2018

Numbers 9:23

At the command of the Lord they remained encamped, and at the command of the Lord they journeyed; they kept the charge of the Lord , at the command of the Lord by the hand of Moses.
Numbers 9:23 NKJV

What a simple concept that explain itself. Lord said, Israel did as the lord said through moses. When reading this verse I couldn't help but stop and think upon it. It's a simple verse that explain itself, but why is it such a hard concept? Honestly a couple things here, I see obedience and submission.  Moses heard from the lord and then told Israel and then Israel did as the lord commanded. But Moses submitted to God and Israel submitted to Moses. Israel needed a leader and someone who will be obedient to the lord and whatever he says. Moses saw what the lord was capable of on numerous occasions plagues, leading people out of Egypt, splitting the read sea, pillar of cloud by day and pillar of fire by night, and much more. Moses has seen what the lord has done and has then submitted to Him. Israel in return followed Moses sense he speaks to the lord personally. It's order, obedience, and submission. For me there is people in my life who I know are wiser and have more knowledge of the lord than I do and it's my turn to submit and to follow there lead while I seek the lord too and obey him as I obey my leader. My leaders are awesome and do follow the lord so I know I can trust them and I can listen to what they have to say. It's something that I learned early on in this year, and how blessed I am that I can trust them. For me though I have to learn how to hear from the lord and to obey in him, trusting that whatever he has is the best way to do it and that he has the best for me and other's. It's hard and the lord has been stretching me continuously I this area but, it something that I have a lot more growth in. Jesus loves me and would never do anything g to harm or to lead astray, but to glorify himself and bless his people. So I think part of it is to know the lord heart and to know that his heart is to bless and that his way is the best way. It's a simple lesson but, it's a hard to apply to your life cause it means that you have to deny your will and to do the lord will and trust that he is will not let you fall. It something I have to learn, but I know it will be worth it because he is good and he loves.

APPLICATION:

Today I will memorize this verse in order to remember the lord heart and to encourage me listen to my leaders and listen to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment