Friday, September 21, 2018

Hebrews 13:8

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Hebrews 13:8 NIV

This is a anchor for any Christian who is seeking the lord. For me even though it came on the verse of the day today it has been a truth that us dead to me. When reading this verse I was extremely encouraged when I read it, because the same God who brought me through yesterday will bring me through today and tomorrow. This verse really should take out any worry or any doubt that I might have about my life or about any situation. If the lord can get me through yesterday, why can't he get me through today? And honestly it shows how awesome the lord is. I can always trust that the lord will be the same never doubting that he will be some new God when I talk to him next. He always loves, he shows grace contiously, and he loves justice. I never have to worry about him changing his mind one day and all of sudden now I'm going to hell. No, he will always be the same like an anchor that will keep me steady in the storm. He is unchanging and it's really encouraging knowing that he will never change and that he will always love me and never leave me nor forsake me.

Application:

I will write this verse on my hand to remember that he is unchanging and repeat it when I start having doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment