Friday, August 3, 2018

Proverb 27:17

As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.
Proverbs 27:17

I don't know a lot about metal or blacksmithing but, I do know for metal to take form it need extreme heat and pressure. It has to pressed, stretched and formed. Once it has taken shape and it actuallyl ooks like a sword, but it has to be sharpened, where it takes another piece of iron to do so. It's apicture of discipleship, what it looks like to be made into a useful sword and not a piece of steel. Discipleship takes pressure, heat, and molding. It such a hard thing but it's a beautiful thing when it happens. But, something we have remember is that the iron us in the blacksmith hand the entire time. He is in complete control. He is the one that hammers it and puts it in the fire. He is the one that puts it in the water and let's it cool. He is the one who takes the other piece of iron and sharpens, He is in complete control of everything. He is the one controling the discipleship, its his words coming through. It is a sprit lead thing where it should be on person sharing what the lord has said. He is the center of what true discipleship is supposed to be. He is the one that speaks through people to the other so tht way the other person can grow, thats why in proverbs in hebrews it talks about how we shouldnt despise correction because it how we know the lord loves. He has corrected me, and It hard when the lord has done this in my life, especially when he has other people do this in my life to sharpen me and make me useful Honestly, it's a huge pride problem but, the lord he been humbling me in this area. I know that the teammates he puts in my life and the leader as well are there because God told them to and there are there to make me a useful tool in the master hands but, It's not an easy thing but it's a necessary thing. My prayer is that it will be something that happens for the rest of my life, if I like it or not. After all were are called to make disciples but, how can I make disciples if I first wasn't discipled?

Application:

I will write this down a piece of paper and put it on my wall that way I can remember this IBS and thank God for him being in control and discipline me.

No comments:

Post a Comment