Friday, July 13, 2018

Joshua 1:8

Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
Joshua 1:8 NIV

The bible is the direct of the lord to humanity right? In psalms it talks about how The lord put it above his name. That's the name of God and he put his word above above every name. It's says that his word is sharper than any two edged sword splitting bone and marrow. So, if we want to know the lord we have to go to his word which is the bible. I don't need anything else but God's word, it gives me everything I need it a manual for life. In john say that in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God.  It was their since the beginning, God spoke everything in existence his word is powerful. His word is very important to the lord and it should be important to me. Paul would quote many things from the old testament a lot through out his epistle. I don't need anything else besides God's word. Psalms one verse 2 says this "but whose delight is in the law of the Lord , and who meditates on his law day and night."
It something to meditate on and to seek it continuously. I want to seek it continuously because it's water for the would and light at night. But, honestly it hard to do that, I got distracted by a lot of dumb things and it gets me off of meditating on it. Bit, it's a discipline I know I need.

Application
That's why today I will get up an hour earlier and read the word and set alarms on my phone through out the day and meditate on his word.

No comments:

Post a Comment